Team NOSHA (New Orleans Secular Humanist Assoc.)
The New Orleans Secular Humanist Association is dedicated to raising the awareness of people of the Gulf Coast region to the ideals and values of secular humanism.
NOSHA's Statement of Purpose includes, but is not limited to:
* Provide a voice of reason when superstition is presented in the media.
* Support the separation of government and religion.
* Help our members achieve a full and rewarding life with ethical excellence.
* Promote freethought, secularism, skepticism, non-theism and humanism.
* Support rights protected in the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution, as well as other basic human rights.
* Support a scientific approach to the understanding of the natural world and society.